Joliet Junior College is the sponsor of a Registered Apprenticeship program through the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) with industry-approved occupations representing industry sectors in: advanced manufacturing, culinary arts/hospitality, healthcare, information technology, landscaping/horticulture and transportation/logistics.
JJC is partnering with area companies to develop a talent pipeline of skilled workers by increasing the number of registered apprenticeships through the U.S. DOL.
JJC’s Registered Apprenticeship program – Industry-Approved Occupations include:
- AutoCAD Technician
- CNC Operator and Programmer
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Injection Molding, Machine Operator
- Mechatronics Technician
- Certified Nurse Assistant (C.N.A)
- Home Health Aide
- Medical Assistant
- AutoCAD Technician
- Computer Programmer (Website/App Developer)
- Computer Support Specialist (Help Desk)
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Cyber Security Support Technician
- Digital Marketer (Social Media)
- Network & Computer Systems Administrator
- Landscape Management Technician
- CDL Truck Driver
- Forklift Driver (Dock Worker)
If you’re interested in becoming an apprentice:
Get started by emailing your resume to email@example.com and indicate which industry sector or occupation you’re interested in. Our team will connect you with our industry partners for available apprentice positions.
Benefits for Employers
- Recruit and develop a diverse and highly-skilled workforce
- Improve profitability and positive impact to your bottom line
- Minimize cost with reduced turnover and liability
- Create flexible training options that ensure workers develop the right skills
There are opportunities to be eligible for tax credits and employee tuition benefits as well as grant-funded programs to offset training costs. Contact us for details.
Over 2,000 industry-approved occupations are available through the U.S. Department of Labor. Please let us know if your company has a specific occupation that will meet your workforce needs and we’ll partner with you to develop a program that is customized to your organization.
To find out how JJC’s Registered Apprenticeship program can benefit your company, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits for Apprentices
- Earn as you learn with a guaranteed wage increase as you develop new skills
- Receive an industry-recognized and nationally-portable credential
- Gain workplace-relevant skills in the field of your choice through on-the-job learning
- Connect with mentor(s) in your chosen industry who can help you advance your career
If you’re interested in becoming an apprentice, get started by emailing your resume to email@example.com and indicate which industry sector or occupation you’re interested in. Our team will connect you with our industry partners for available apprentice positions.
Continuing Education Development Coordinator
Apprenticeship Program Grant Initiatives
JJC has a three-year apprenticeship grant through the American Association of Community Colleges/Expanding Community College Apprenticeships initiative. This cooperative agreement between the U.S. Department of Labor and AACC’s ECCA initiative provides JJC with an opportunity to assist the local workforce by growing the number of registered apprenticeships.
JJC has a two-year apprenticeship grant through the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB)’s Customized Apprenticeship Programming – Information Technology (CAP-IT) initiative. This program is part of the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) for the Scaling Apprenticeship Sector Strategies Grant.
- JJC Partners with XPO Logistics through Apprenticeship Read More
- Joliet Junior College Apprentice Has Recipe for Success: Tangled Roots Brewing Company – Read More
- Reimagine the Workforce Strategy Through Apprenticeship: JJC Partners with U.S. Water Culligan Group – Read More
- Apprenticeship Programs Provide Workforce Solutions: JJC Partners with Suncast Corporation – Read More
- JJC Hosts Webinar During National Apprenticeship Week 2020 – Read More
- Joliet Junior College Plans National Apprenticeship Week Virtual Event – Read More
- JJC’s Apprentice Adapts To A New Set of Blueprints – Read More
- JJC and Wesco Machine & Tool, Inc. Partner With Registered Apprenticeship Program – Read More
- JJC’s Registered Apprenticeship Program Partners with Mahoney Environmental – Read More
- Joliet Junior College Hosts 2019 National Apprenticeship Week Event – Read More
For more information about JJC’s Registered Apprenticeship program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.