Building Electrical Troubleshooting and Circuit Skills
This two day hands-on training seminar covers through hands-on activities essential concepts required when working on or troubleshooting electrical components, circuits, and systems. Individual circuit components are covered and connected into working circuits in which electrical measurements are taken to show proper and safe troubleshooting methods. Both electromechanical and solid-state controls are covered, connected, and tested to build troubleshooting skills. This seminar is designed for industrial maintenance electricians, HVAC technicians, and for journeymen looking to update their skills. It is also beneficial for anyone looking to cross train from a mechanical or electronics background to an industrial electrician area.
You will learn
- How to improve their troubleshooting skills.
- What meter type to use and what the meter reading means.
- The knowledge of troubleshooting new problems, such as harmonics, transients, and overloaded neutrals.
- Common electrical problems using test circuits, such as improper grounding, voltage flat topping, poor power factor, and correcting power problems.
- To use Min/Max, Relative, Peak and Hold functions when troubleshooting.
Who will benefit
- Electrical maintenance personnel needing to upgrade
- Mechanical maintenance personnel needing to cross train
- Operators wanting to move into maintenance positions
- Supervisors and managers responsible for maintenance personnel
- Electrical Safety and Grounding
Electrical Meter and Measurement Safety
Testing the Grounding System
- Electric Test Instruments (Used in troubleshooting built circuits)
Meter Ratings and Safety
Meter Symbols and Abbreviations
General Test Instruments
Power Quality Meters
- Electric Motors (Connect, Test, and Troubleshoot)
Single Phase Motors
Three Phase Motors
- Electromechanical Motor Control (Connect, Test, and Troubleshoot)
Pushbuttons, Selector Switches, Joysticks, and Limit Switches
Contactors and Magnetic Motor Starters
- Solid-State Motor Control (Connect, Test, and Troubleshoot)
Proximity and Photoelectric Switches
ABB, Westinghouse, and AB Motor Drives
- Power Quality Problems (Connect, Test, and Troubleshoot)
Voltage and Current Problems
KVA, KW, and PF Measurements
Harmonics (measurements and corrections)
Transients (measurements and corrections)
- Poor Grounding
In-House Training Available
For additional information about in-house training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.