Basics of Mechanical Blueprint Reading
Basics of Mechanical Blueprint Reading instructs participants in the fundamental skills of mechanical print reading: types of drawings, lines, views, blueprint arrangement, print sizes, title blocks, change blocks, surface textures and symbols used, and machine terms and holes. You will learn to use the information presented in class through extensive use of “hands-on” activities, including working with actual prints. You are encouraged to bring prints from your organization.
You will learn
- To identify common drafting symbols.
- To identify the types of information found in the blueprint title block.
- To identify the types of views shown on blueprints and interpret section views.
- To identify the alphabet of lines.
- To interpret blueprint lines.
- To differentiate between object and hidden lines.
- To locate the needed (top, front, side, etc) views of an object.
- To identify the surface texture symbols and the processes associated with them.
You will NOT learn to draft prints!
Who will benefit
- Mechanical maintenance personnel
- Electrical maintenance personnel
- Quality assurance personnel
- Operations personnel
- Industrial salespersons
- Frontline supervisors
- Managers or business owners
- Anyone who needs a fundamental understanding of mechanical blueprints
- Blueprint Basics
- Manufacturing cycle
- The print
- Blueprint Reading
- Types of drawings
- Points of view
- Projected views
- Lines and Views
- Lines of blueprints
- Views of blueprints
- Arrangement of views
- Number of views
- Auxiliary views
- Section views
- General rules
- Total Blueprint
- Blueprint arrangement
- Blueprint sizes
- Title block
- Change block
- Surface Texture
- Symbol locations
- Other designations
- Methods for checking surface texture
- Machine Terms and Holes
- Machine terms
- Hands-On Practice – Bring Your Own Prints
In-House Training Available
For additional information about in-house training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.